The Nature of the Beast....

Posted by S.J. Owens | | Posted On Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Seems that in all the day-to-day life going on, work, kids, baseball games, dinner, bath-time, sleep, etc. I tend to run myself into the ground; when this happens of course I usually get sick. I tell people, as long as I don't have a fever, I can endure anything. Many of you know Sunday is my big day to head out of town to Nebraska for a Turkey Hunt with the Aucoin Boys & Outdoor Adrenaline Guide Service. Last night I started to get that old familiar feeling of a pain in the neck, for me, this means a fever coming on. Woke up this am with one nasty sinus infection.... why me???; literally felt like a Mack truck had run me over several times. My head was a vacuum and the pressure of the headache was disorienting to say the least. The post-nasil drip was gagging me and causing me to dry-heave as well. I remembered I had gotten an antibiotic prescription from my Allergist this past March in which I had not filled yet. Viola.... my Holy Grail! Had it filled, took some Dayquil and two Max Excedrin and for now I seem to be on par for moving around at least. To add insult to injury, our AC is on the fritz, AC Guy is here now, lets hope it's not that bad of an issue as Summer is now here and it is a hot one!

The Nature of the Beast, like the one depicted here,  torments me constantly it seems. It may have knocked me down for a spell, but I will not let him keep me down for this outstanding opportunity to film some huge Merriam's Sub-Species Wild Turkey in Nebraska! I'll stay in touch with updates for those of who happen to give a shit.

Enjoy!

Comments:

There are 3 comments for The Nature of the Beast....