AVN Hip UPDATE: #4 ~ New Hips!

Posted by S.J. Owens | | Posted On Monday, September 13, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Well, after 5-months and 6 - Orthopedics, it seems #6, Dr. Richard Meyer, MD (www.drrichardmeyer.com) finally sees things in terms of "Total Patient Care/Quality Of Life!" Visited him today and will have THR on the left hip first on October 12th, 2010. I have a busy September ahead of me as I need to visit my Primary Care Physician to get an "OK" for the surgery, an appointment at Touro for basic Pre-Op Testing (i.e. Cardio & Blood tests, etc.), plus a Pre-Op Class. Looking forward to getting my life & mobility back!

Dr. Meyer will be using the newer Anterior Hip Replacement procedure (Anterior Approach). With this approach recovery times are drastically reduced as there are no cutting of the muscles, etc. I am still waiting for the Doctor's office to confirm the actual Hip Prosthetic name, but I know that the "Cups" used will be the Pinnacle Hip Solution Cups seen here:
The actual Hip Stem may be the DePuy  Tri-Lock® Bone Preservation Stem seen here:
More info to come soon, so stay tuned!

Comments:

There are 0 comments for AVN Hip UPDATE: #4 ~ New Hips!