Reality, Finances, & Entrepreneurship......

Posted by S.J. Owens | | Posted On Friday, April 9, 2010 at 12:46 PM

OK, it all started this morning as usual with waking up, getting Gavin fed and ready for school; normally were out the door for 8-8:30am. This morning though I had an extreme case of scat-attack, a bad one came over me and an immediate release of the putrid waste was needed. With all this I did not get Gavin to school until 9:45am. OK, where am I going with this...have patience. I listen to WWL 870AM in the mornings; The Bob Delgirno Show is first with Garland's “Think Tank” Show starting at 10am. I usually get to work when the “Think Tank” is just starting or before it starts, etc. Due to my scatting fiasco, I listened to the Think Tank; Garland was interviewing a guy about New Orleans Entrepreneurship and how to get started with an idea, biz plan, etc. Was this fate???? Who the shit knows, but it stirred a fire yet again in the sense that I am not doing exactly what I want; I am not being challenged anymore. I am fed up with "waiting" for things to happen. Life is too short to wait. We are only here for a short time, I want to "DO" something both fulfilling, exciting, and with purpose, etc. Is it wrong to “Want” this? Should I just be content knowing I have a good job and that I am providing for my family? Can’t I have both if I have the skills, knowledge, & resources?
     Let's face reality...I doubt I am going to get rich slinging wedding videos & selling decent photo prints, nor do I think I will get rich with this possible endeavor either. Sure the possibility is there, but how long before I become "known and/or established?" Here I am a Geospatial Professional with additional highly developed skills in both Photography, Videography, MultiMedia, and Post-Production work. I want to combine these. I am going to seek further information into building/creating an Aerial Photography/MultiMedia Company that will be the first of its kind possibly in the Southeastern Region of the states, definitely in the New Orleans Arena. This interviewee spoke on aid/help for young Entrepreneurs; how to create a real Biz plan, how to identify your markets, is there a market, financial aid, etc. I am going to find out who this man is and make an appointment to speak with him about my idea.... Scout Pro UAS (Unmanned Aerial Services).
      I'm fed up! I'm ready and willing to dedicate my hard work and valued time to something I believe in if there is a possibility for success. My only two main obstacles are finances & if the markets are there. I stopped short last year with this momentum due to the fact that I am ignorant to any aid that might actually exist to thrust me further; shot down by startup costs, risk of failure and not being able to provide for my family when we need it the most…are all on the forefront of my mind. Can't both Risk, Knowledge, Research, Planning, Finances, etc. all be overcome? I think they can... I want to believe they can; I just do not know enough about what is available "out there" to aid me in this quest and for this reason I will pursue like a battering ram to find out. At the end of my life I want to know that I had done everything I could to see if this could be attained...no regrets. After all this is still the United States of America...a place where dreams still can become reality if you play the maze correctly.... at least the USA “is what is” for maybe just a little while longer; maybe I can “get in” just under the "cap" in time before it crumbles, as it will.
    What will happen now? What information will I find out? How may it change my life and family’s life forever? Will I succeed? I am ravenous for this knowledge. I salivate of the idea that maybe, just maybe one day I will be running my own company and making a sustainable living at it for myself and family... that's all I want. What do you want?

.... TO BE CONTINUED.

Comments:

There are 2 comments for Reality, Finances, & Entrepreneurship......